I’m all for positivity, for seeing the good around you. Without the glass-half-full kind of people, we would probably all settle to skulking around the house with greasy hair. However, in the face of mind-numbingly colossal problems we live amongst of in the world nowadays – with chronic ecological crises, Antarctica melting and our planet spiralling into impending doom – sometimes all you want to do is act selfish and give in to the overwhelming desire to give up and complain, complain about the little (or sometimes not-so-little) things that really grind your gears. So here goes, I’m getting it off my chest…
30 things that really f***ing piss me off me today…
- The under-skin pimple that refuses to pop.
- Under-skin pimples that feel like lumps and now after multiple attempts to pop them are also red, hot and painful.
- The grime at the back of my lower front teeth, although I brushed them this morning!
- Bra straps that keep on falling down my shoulders.
- Rings that feel too tight.
- Sore piercing.
- Emerging ulcer in my mouth, although it already left YESTERDAY from that same spot.
- My boyfriend that doesn’t text me back the moment I want him to.
- My boyfriend disagreeing with me.
- Now seeming like a psycho girlfriend.
- Not having sex.
- Supposedly ‘woke’ people that have conservative values.
- “Porn is disgusting”.
- Itchy back.
- Tense muscles.
- Where the F is my period.
- Difficulties finding the right contraception.
- Being a girl, so having to be the one to figure out contraception.
- Repressed sexuality (and double values).
- Praised for being ‘pretty’.
- “You’re not allowed to focus on translated texts, this is an English degree, the texts should be in English.”
- Itchy scalp.
- Long fingernails.
- Waxing yourself raw.
- Feeling the societal pressure to shave.
- Chipped nail polish.
- A negative mindset.
- Long lists.
- Being overly self-critical.
- Sore throat.